6 Simple Tips To Promote Your YouTube Music Videos
Youtube is one of the most effective platforms today through which new music artists can showcase their talent to the public and get popular. And some artists, like Justin Bieber, rose to fame thanks to YouTube.
And since those Justin Bieber days, YouTube has evolved a lot, launching YouTube music and official artists channels packed with features.
But while having a good and exciting video is important, it is certainly not everything that’s needed.
A lot of promotional efforts are needed before your fantastic video can actually start to get views and become popular on youtube.
However, there’s nothing to worry about as we are here to help you with everything that’s needed to promote your youtube music video!
Read on to give your music video that promotional boost it always needed.
1 – Get A Professional Look
Your first impression must be strong. And for YouTubers, the first impression is about how your channel appears to the viewers. There is a list of things that you must pay attention to while creating your music artist youtube channel:
– Choose a cover art and a logo that are of high quality, creative, and represent your personality at the same time.
– Write an engaging description for your channel that talks about you and your music.
– You should appear credible to viewers and therefore it’s important to add contact details. Also don’t miss on links to your social media handles and to your artist’s profile like on Spotify (if you have one).
– Organise your content in relevant playlists. Playlists allow viewers to find content easily on your channel. It also gives an appearance that the creator is serious about his work as a YouTuber.
2 – Create Different Content, Intelligently
Your music might be great, but if it’s on YouTube, it needs an exciting video as well for viewers to pay attention to it.
Your videos must be well thought of and should look professionally made. It is also a good idea to create videos on topics that are trending in those days.
For example, in times of covid, a musician would create a music video on work from home, isolation troubles and so on. Posts related to current trends often attract people’s attention more than anything else!
Another thing to mention here is that a musician does not necessarily always have to post a music video, because people like variety.
So while the primary aim of your channel is to promote your music, in between, you can also create other types of videos like sharing your experiences and point of views, vlogging, teasers and sharing behind the scene clips with your viewers.
Very popular music artists usually just share different version of a song, such as raw, lyrics, remix and so on, but if you are still trying to get noticed, it is a great idea to post much more content such as vlogging!
This will help you also get more organic YouTube views, which you can then redirect to your main music videos.
Also check out: How To Make A Great Music Video
3 – Use SEO To Promote Your YouTube Music Video
YouTubers often overlook the importance of YouTube SEO. In short, SEO or search engine optimization means making it easier for people to find your video when they search on google or youtube, in this case.
– This means that you need to choose your title thoughtfully.
– It should have the artist’s name along with the name of the song, and that name should be interesting but not too unique that people never search for the terms in it.
– You also need to write a brief yet to the point and exciting description for the song explaining the song and your music style and with relevant keywords in it.
– Add a few relevant tags indicating genre and subgenre and other relevant keywords, so that YouTube can suggest it next to similar songs or to people who like your genre.
– Finally, give your video an eye-catching thumbnail, to increase the click-through-rate.
– You can also use some annotations directing viewers to some of your popular music videos or, as we said, other types of videos you might be uploading, such as vlogs.
4 – Upload Consistency
It is important to be consistent in uploading the videos to your channel. It implies to the viewers that you are a dedicated YouTuber. Also, it allows the viewers to remember you, which is absolutely necessary for building a good fanbase.
We do know that releasing music videos regularly is difficult. For this reason, be smart and creative to bring different type of content, which is still fitting your channel niche and style as an artist.
5 – Read Analytics On Youtube
YouTube provides you with a lot of data about your channel and its viewers. Accordingly, you can use relevant information to improve your videos. For example, you can see which of your videos are most watched and create more content like that, or see which parts of videos users skip and don’t like.
6 – Promotion on YouTube
You should also promote your video, to give it that initial boost it may need. Just make sure you promote your music video to real people.
For instance, you can use youtube ads as a cheap and effective method to promote your videos. Or, use a YouTube marketing agency to do the work for you. We personally love LenosTube’s music promotion packages, which are organic and affordable.
But there are many other methods too.
Like, you can submit your music videos to other popular youtube channels that post similar music videos. This often proves to be a great option as you get viewers from an already established channel, many of which may come to your channel if they like your music.
Another way is to find content creators who are looking for music to feature in their videos, with giving appropriate credit. Viewers watching their videos might like your music and may convert to your viewers as well.
We end this article here. But be assured that above-mentioned are some of the well researched and most effective ways to promote your videos on YouTube. We believe that if you are a good content creator and musician and follow the aforementioned steps properly, you are all set to become the next YouTube music rockstar. Good luck!